Our client is a large/economic consulting company in the financial services arena, based in Emeryville, CA.
Role: Applications Developer
Position Summary:Reviews, analyzes, and manages application systems including report writing, application modification, process improvements, coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs, working both independently and with a larger team. Development will mostly involve MS SQL, Report writing, development of applications (VB/Java) and Web based technologies, with an emphasis on reporting and ensuring the correct running of enterprise applications.
Must have advanced skills in the following technologies and concepts:
· MS SQL 2000 and 2005
· Business Objects (inc. Crystal) experience in creating
· Application Roles, Security and other standard application management processes
· DHTML, CSS, XML and HTML, Java
· Experienced in OO concepts nExperience with the following type of applications is highly desired.
· Accounting systems (Client Server)
· Project Billing Systems
· Web Methods or BPM experience desired.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting and ensuring the ongoing running of enterprise applications
· Working with other members of IS and the business users to develop new capabilities to the business and determine correct reporting.
· Making changes to the existing systems and processes, in a systematic method based on best practices, policies, procedures and SOX compliance doctrine.
· Works with Business Users, Management and other IS functional areas to develop technical capabilities.
· Creates and maintains documentation and review documentation created by others.
· Interacts with vendor representatives on an as-needed basis.
A Computer Science degree or equivalent experience is required.
A minimum of eight years experience at varying different levels and with different technologies.
· All duties within this position will be performed in conformance with the Policies and Procedures established by the
company and the directions provided by the immediate manager; including any documentation and record keeping as may be required. The capability to lead various technical projects using the various tools and software available to employees is a key component of this position.
Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
Must be available by cellular phone to provide technical support at all times in the event of system problems.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees of all levels throughout the firm is necessary.
Ability to work independently on several projects concurrently.
Demonstrated ability to handle pressure in a professional manner.
Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet current needs, and keep abreast of technological advances.
To apply, please send your resume to:
Cris Piasecki, HR Consultant/Recruite
r, Sunsson Technologies