Position: Oracle DBA / developer jobs at NYC
Permanent position for Oracle DBA / developer
Independent investment bank, headquartered in NYC
Install, configure, and maintain Oracle 11i production and development environments in support of a new enterprise data warehouse. Secondary responsibilities include shell scripting (data sourcing), data analysis, database development and business analysis support.
- Implement, create and maintain all DB instances and databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Control migrations of database changes through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforces security for all of the Oracle databases.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluate releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Perform data analysis and database development in support of ongoing development.
Education Required: 4 year degree from a recognized university with a relevant technology/science based degree.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a DBA of a major UNIX based DBMS with at least 3 years experience working with Oracle version 10+, specifically.
- Experience with implementing and configuring Oracle for data warehouses.
- Experience working with UNIX, specifically implementing and supporting Oracle in an UNIX environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a strategic database direction for the firm.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Ability to liaise with business stakeholders
- Oracle certification (DBA/implementation).
- Experience with financial markets and products.
- Data modeling and physical database design
- Shell/perl scripting.
For more information, please contact:
aileen AT mcgsf DOT net