Position: Sr Software Dev
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Great skiing and a great company.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Close: When position is filled.
Overstock.com is looking for highly skilled Java developers to
work on enterprise and web applications, and infrastructure. Candidates
should have 5 years or more professional development experience and at least
a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. We value
intelligence, creativity, quality, technical leadership, and a strong
interest to learn. At Overstock, you will have the opportunity to work at
one of the nation’s top five online retail companies. You will work closely
with a dynamic team of developers who all share a common goal: building
highly reliable systems that can handle huge loads without breaking a sweat.
Overstock.com is located in Salt Lake City, UT, and offers competitive
compensation and a full benefits package.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong Java SE skills, preferably through release 1.5.
- Solid SQL ability. And possess many of the
- Proficiency in Object Oriented design and programming.
- Experience with Object Relational Mapping (ORM),
- Experience using web presentation technologies such as JSP, JSF, Ajax, Jamon, Velocity, or FreeMarker.
- Use of web container technologies, especially Tomcat.
- Proficiency with IDE-based development, especially in Eclipse.
- Proficiency building unit tests, especially using JUnit.
- Proficiency with Ant, and SVN or CVS. - XML and related technologies such as
XSD, JAXB, XSLT, etc.
- Experience with large databases and systems.
Other abilities we would like are:
- Experience building web services, especially using the REST style.
- Programming in C and C++.
- Team lead experience.
- Development on Linux.
- JavaEE related experience such as EJB, Spring, etc.
- Experience with Maven.
- Database schema definition.
- Experience using Oracle 10G.
- Experience with JMS.
Director of Software Development
pmurray AT overstock DOT com
murraypetera AT gmail DOT com