Job: Outstanding biopharma firms seeks Corporate Controller - Incline Village NevadaNovember 17th, 2008
Details: Outstanding biopharma firms seeks Corporate Controller - Incline Village Nevada
PDL BioPharma is focused on creating and developing innovative new antibodies to improve the lives of patients with cancer or immunological diseases. Our research and development teams are working to bring new therapies to physicians and patients that we hope will improve lives. PDL BioPharma is focused on developing innovative therapies to treat severe and life-threatening illnesses. From our research labs to our clinical trial sites, our teams are committed to working together to develop therapies that will
ultimately help patients and physicians worldwide. , Inc. (RoyaltyCo) Position is based in Incline Village, Nevada
This position will be responsible for all the accounting and
financial functions of the company, and reports to the CFO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting, treasury and tax, with supporting
role to the CFO in the areas of compliance, financial reporting,
equity compensation, risk management and external reporting
- Manages accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-
end and year-end close process
- Manages the relationship with the independent auditors
- Drafts technical accounting memos
- Ensures compliance with various rules and regulations, including
GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, Section 404, SEC and NASDAQ
- Prepares accurate and timely 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, section 16 and
- Manages financial systems implementations:
- Manages treasury function, including relationships with
investment institutions and commercial banks, and ensures compliance
with the board of directors approved investment policy
- Oversees payroll and the 401K functions which are primarily
executed by the office manager
- Manages tax function, including successful completion of tax
filings and tax planning, as well as managing and leveraging external
- Prepares materials and reports for, presenting to and interacting
with audit committee and board of directors
- Assists with financial and accounting due diligence of corporate
- Minimum 10 years in accounting, preferably with experience in the biotechnology and/or technology industry. Public accounting experience is desirable.
- Management experience with a publicly traded company is required.
- Strong knowledge of SEC reporting and US GAAP is required, with
expertise in technical accounting, particularly revenue recognition,
Section 404 and internal controls
- Strong ability to draft external reports and technical memos
- Knowledge of federal and state tax regulations.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting
systems, along with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience with SAP is beneficial
- Willingness and capability to “roll up one’s sleeves” in order to
- Degree in Finance or Accounting, and CPA required
PDL BioPharma is a leader in the development of innovative therapies
in the biopharma space. We offer an outstanding
compensation/benefits package to our team.
Please send your information to
herbnj AT gmail DOT com
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article