Job: Oracle DBA System Administrator - Broomfield, CO (with possibility for remote wk 2-3 days per week)December 29th, 2008
Position: Senior DBA System Administrator
Location: Broomfield, CO
Senior DBA System Administrator with experience in Oracle technology. Analytical ability, strong judgment, problem analysis techniques, an in-depth knowledge of database administration, along with a broad knowledge of diverse data administration methodologies, database
technologies, tools, and alternatives.
- The individual will perform database creation, administration and tuning
t- support our customers development, test and production databases.
- The individual will be responsible t- help establish and adhere to
successful open systems database team standard scalable practices.
- The individual will be expected t- display expertise in Oracle RAC and
provide mentoring t- other team members in this area.
- The individual will be responsible for day-to-day database maintenance
such as creating backups, editing indexes and performing installations and
- The individual will be called upon t- perform a variety of database
optimizations that will include general reporting and analysis of the
efficiency of the database configuration and periodic review of database
- Expertise and work efforts will focus on the development and support
and/or the customization of new services and support efforts.
- The individual will need t- work with vendor personnel t- achieve timely
solutions of database problems.
- Participation in on-call responsibilities is required.
- Oracle is supported on all Windows, UNIX and Linux platforms. This
multi-tier experience is a requirement.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability t- respond quickly and effectively t- support
requests from clients (as a result of software product issues).
- Five years of professional experience in database development,
administration and support.
- Oracle Certified Professional certification preferred.
- Experience establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, security, maintenance and utilization preferred
Extensive experience with the following:
- Building and supporting databases in Oracle.
- Implementing a database schema across multiple database platforms.
- Tuning and optimizing aspects of the database.
- Vendor backup & recovery software (TSM, VERITAS, Legato), Oracle’s RMAN backup API interfaces.
- Troubleshooting and solving production database issues.
- Scripting languages
- Building and supporting RAC across multiple OS platforms (Windows, Linux, UNIX).
- Building and supporting Oracle OEM/Grid Control
- Building and supporting Oracle Data Guard
- Upgrading major releases of Oracle (i.e. upgrading Oracle 9i t- Oracle 11g)
- Strong analytical and design skills.
- Ability t- mentor team members in open systems DBA environments.
- Solid understanding of documentation and production support.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong project management and good oral/written communication skills.
$ 85 - 110k+ (depending on years of relevant experience, education, etc.)
Should you be interested in this position, please email a clean copy of your
resume (Word format preferred) t- jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com along with 3-5 available times for a telephone prescreening (30 minutes maximum). In order t- ensure a response within 48 hours, please be sure t- include the position title in the subject line of your response message.
For other positions, check out our website listings at www.sorcesolutions.com.
Jacqueline M. Sorce
Owner/President - Sorce Solutions, Inc.
jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com