Role: IT Support Technician
Are you admired for your top IT support skills and interested in working with our team of fun, exciting and accomplished people in the areas of engineering, finance, marketing and operations? Reporting to our Operations Manager, we’re looking for an energetic individual to support and maintain our IT systems including desktop provision, network infrastructure, associated software, and business applications, in order that all employees can maximize their use of IT and meet company goals. You’ll also be the main liaison with contractors and suppliers of IT equipment.
Technorati. The authority of the blogosphere
Technorati is the recognized authority on blogs and social media. Through our search and discovery tools Technorati makes it easy to find the hottest and most relevant conversations amongst blogs and main stream media. We offer a combined discovery and search service that enables readers to find the most relevant content and for bloggers to find the most receptive audiences. We maintain one of the largest searchable indexes of hundreds of millions of blogs, blog posts, photos, videos and more. We update our information in real time bringing the best of what’s happening right now on the web to you. We’ve built our team by finding the most creative, passionate and talented people with deep knowledge of the blogosphere. We provide unique and creative career challenges, and other employees who are equally committed. If you’re looking for experienced and supportive management, a fun and healthy team atmosphere, and an outstanding opportunity where high standards are respected and contributions are recognized, we would like to talk to you.
* Accountable for the proper installation, maintenance and disposal of desktop and laptop computers, and printers.
* Manage the register of IT assets and audit IT licensing arrangements.
* Acting as the main contact providing user support to ensure the effective and timely resolution of technical problems, keeping employees informed of the status of their request for support.
* Establish a process for documenting solutions regarding standard IT applications and keeping the IT knowledge base updated.
* Create and manage the schedule to insure current backups of email and executive laptop computers.
* Totally accountable for meeting individual performance targets as agreed with Operations Manager.
* Communicate effectively with all teams.
* Report on such performance, management and operational information as requested by Operations Manager.
* 3 years experience supporting the following technologies: Desktop Operating Systems, Desktop/Laptop software, Mac Support, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Wireless Access Points, PC/Server Hardware/Software, Remote Access Blackberry/PDA, Printers/fax config setup and support. Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment helpful.
* Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical employees.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Able to work in a high pressure and urgent timeframe environment.
* Technical project management skills, analytical skills and problem solving skills.
* Must be able to work independently.
You may also like to read