Position: Sr. Systems Analyst
Location: Marlboro, MA Area
Sr or Lead Systems Analyst - Equities & Derivatives - FS - Boston, MA Area - Excellent $$
Excellent Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Candidates Local to Mass. Only - No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Equity Support team provides world-class, mission-critical support for
all portfolio construction, investment research and business management
activities. The Lead Systems Analyst support function is a key role which
requires a high level of direct interaction with investment personnel,
excellent analytical and communications skills, experience with database
technologies including SQL and Oracle, strong Equity, Derivatives and
investment process knowledge, and effective project management skills.
This is a high profile role which will provide a broad set of opportunities
to streamline processes, proactively manage business outcomes and deliver
innovative solutions to complex business problems.
It should be noted that this position is an extremely strategic addition to
our IS organization and needs to be filled by a highly qualified and
experienced individual with a unique set of skills that include in-depth
subject matter expertise, a hands-on leadership style and the ability to
handle multiple key projects and responsibilities.
- Work closely with investment professionals at all levels of the
organization to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems.
Partner with investment professional to iteratively deliver applications
that are critical to their investment process. On an ongoing basis provide
enhancements to previously deployed solutions.
- Assist in coordinating global office support responsibilities,
ensuring best practices and clear and concise communication to the global
- Overall project management, project prioritization and issue
- Set development standards, perform code reviews and ensure
development practices adhere to firm guidelines
- Perform data gap analysis and facilitate remediation efforts
- Manage key support projects and lead development and deployment
- Work with users to prioritize needs and provide communication to
keep them apprised of progress
- Manage and facilitate implementation of business solutions aimed
at investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying
investor work flow
- Strong sense of end-to-end ownership of business outcomes
- Critical thinker who can provide hands-on leadership and employ
problem solving skills
Keys to this Position:
1. This can be either a Senior or Lead level role. For the Lead level, we
are seeking strong Client Relationship and Leadership skills.
2. Domain Knowledge: This individual must have strong Equity, Derivatives
and general investment process knowledge. A CFA is a plus.
3. Systems Analyst skills: We need a strong systems analyst that works
effectively with Investment Professionals (Portfolio Managers, Traders,
etc.). Having worked on a Support Desk providing Front Line Support is a
4. Technical skills: The ability to query the database with SQL is
required. VB/.NET is a strong plus. Familiarity with Bloomberg and Factset
is a strong plus. Oracle Reports and PL/SQL is a strong plus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Technology and support leader with a record of success in a
large-scale, high-growth, rapid paced, complex environments. Ideally, the
individual will come from a global financial services organization, with a
strong preference for asset management and/or capital markets
- 10+ years of financial services or investment environment
experience with a minimum of 5 years proven experience leading technology
initiatives supporting, Equity, Hedge Fund, derivatives and other complex
asset classes and business processes
- Demonstrated client focus and relationship management skills.
- Proven hands on project management skills with full cycle
(iterative and incremental) development experience and a proven track record
in managing various components of a small and large-scale system across
- Proven software development experience and in-depth understanding
of the full software development life cycle
- Strong strategic thinker with a track record of innovation and
transformation to support business growth
- Experience working in an interdependent, team-oriented environment
in which effectively managing resources and relationships outside of one’s
direct control is critical to success
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical
- Guided by the highest levels of integrity, ethical and
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Team player who works collectively toward common goals and
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and relational database technology.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
Send Resume in Word format only to:
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
WEB Site - www.wrightassociates.org