Position: Software Development
Location: Bay Area
Growing Bay Area company is looking for an experienced Software Development
Project Manager. *Your background and experience must include working in
Digital TV, Interactive TV, Broadcasting, or MPEG software development
groups*. Manager will not consider candidates without this experience. In
addition to these requirements, a detailed job description and skills
required are provided below.
- Must be a proven leader with extensive experience as a project
manager who uses his/her team building, communication, planning and
organizational skills to proactively manage software development activities
to deliver projects on-time and within budget.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project (initiate, plan,
execute, control and close).
- Establish and manage realistic and committed project plans even when
there are unknowns on the project; taking into consideration of deadlines,
dependencies, resources and costs when making changes and decisions to
- Communicate status and critical path aspects of the project; deliver
clear and concise messages tailored to a variety of audiences from
individual team members to executive management.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to projects.
- Monitor and drive resolution of issues.
- Provide project leadership for critical initiatives.
- Manage project budget and provide monthly project financial
- Provide knowledge, leadership, enthusiasm and vision necessary to
ensure multiple development projects have superstar quality, project
management oversight and control.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience + 7-15 years proven
project management experience demonstrating: accurate and effective
communication skills, accurate and realistic schedules, proactive risk
identification and mitigation, internal/external customer expectations
management and ability to drive and navigate projects to completion.
- Understanding of system architectures, coding methodologies and
technical system interfaces.
- Expertise in driving projects through the entire SDLC from inception
- Hands on experience as Project Manager on software development
- Good communication & people skills in a fast-pace and dynamic
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects of a highly
complex nature with local and remote teams and external partners.
- Expertise and experience in *Digital TV, Interactive TV,
Broadcasting, or MPEG software development. *Expertise in MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Prince2 certification
- Bachelors Degree related to Information Technology is preferred
- A track record of overseeing the project management of multiple
- Interactive Television or broadcast technologies experience is a
- Experience using Oracle project management module is a plus.
If you have the required skills, please send
your resume to Katie Wheeler at Katie AT asquare DOT com and put Sun Jobs in