Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Silicon Valley
Senior SW Engineer
Our client is a public, profitable, respected firm in Silicon Valley. We are
seeking an experienced SW engineer
As a Sr. Software Engineer of the storage efficiency team you will work as
part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product
development and strategy.
In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and
debugging of operating systems that run storage applications.
As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the
group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology
advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market.
- A major part of your responsibility will be to participate in any and/or
all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and
design, through implementation including:
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- You will work on architecture, design and product definition that leads
and influences decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
- As part of a team, you will act as a technical advisor and resource to
other engineers and across functions.
- You will work with suppliers, partners or other external parties in
product design efforts.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required.
- File systems and kernel development experience is a must
- Knowledge of C and C++
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer
Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical
Operational Consulting Group