Job: Principal Software Engineer - Server and DatabaseAugust 27th, 2008
Role: Principal Software Engineer - Server and Database
We are looking for an exceptionally talented engineer who will play a key role in the design and development of next-generation 100,000 events/sec event processing engine. The ideal candidate has a solid database internals background backed by a broad and deep server-side software development background. This is a position for creative and ambitious engineers that enjoy designing and writing air-tight server-side code, live for coming up with novel solutions to hard scaling problems and have experience navigating a very high performance and heavily multithreaded world.
* Develop enterprise-class server and database software in Java for security event management.
* Design and develop persistence layer to scale to 100,000 events/sec
* Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize performance
* Participate in full software development lifecycle
* Perform unit and integration testing for software
* Review and assist in development of requirements and technical specs
* 7+ years experience in server and database software development
* Proven record of building Enterprise-class applications in Java
* Development experience with database kernels, indexing, optimization, transaction management, caching.
* Development experience on Unix/ Linux platforms
* Good understanding of advanced Java topics such as extreme multithreading, garbage collection internals, memory debugging and portability of Java applications
* Experience in diagnosing performance, memory and other runtime stability problems in Java
* Must be proficient and comfortable at problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Possess the ability to be a self driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
* Highly motivated and motivating, providing technical and architectural leadership
* Experience with Network programming
* Strong knowledge of Software Design Patterns as well as best practices in rapid development of reusable software components
* Experience in an agile-development environment specifically with knowledge of scrum methodologies a plus
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent (MS a plus).
* Cupertino, CA
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Filed under Jobs | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article