Position: PM & BSA Manager
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The IT Investment Systems Team is responsible for the development and support of trading and investment control applications and environments. The team consists of approximately 50 technology professionals whose key functions include Application Development and Maintenance, System Integration, Application Support and Production Support.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Systems, the Project Management and Business Analysis Manager will oversee the business analysis and project management activities associated with several Investment Systems applications. The primary focus of this position will be with activities supporting the development of the Eagle PACE data warehouse. In addition, this position will oversee projects associated with the development and enhancement of several other investment control applications that support the asset management process.
Functionally, this organization will perform detailed analysis and the generation of business requirements to support any Investment Systems changes required by the business. This position will also serve as the primary point of contact with key business users in the Investment and Investment Control areas. This position also works closely with other development teams and the Investment Systems Support group to facilitate testing and coordination of application changes and new systems.
A successful candidate will be managerially sound and be well organized and possess outstanding project management skills. The candidate should also be well versed in the operations of an asset management organization. The candidate also should be have a good understanding of technology in the asset management area and be highly adaptable to various existing and new applications and technologies. The optimum candidate will possess a good understanding of front to back office operations in an asset management environment. The applicant will liaison with internal clients and external vendors and provide project management and guidance to the business units. A successful candidate will be able to coordinate project-based tasks as well as handle day-to-day issues escalated from the service desk or support teams. The candidate must be able to coordinate time sensitive project and support responsibilities that are required to support an asset management production environment. Excellent communication skills are required to manage the solution and inform all interested parties during systematic events. This position puts the individual in contact with all areas of the organization.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Supports the development of business solutions for Investment Systems applications, primarily Eagle PACE to support the enterprise warehouse.
- Ensures, coordinates and expedites successful generation of business requirements to support application changes
- Oversees the project management and prioritization of initiatives in the Investment Systems area
- Participates in the resolution of application problems pertinent to Investment Systems Applications in collaboration, if required, with the support teams or third-party vendors.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge base for Investment System Applications
- Coordinates application acceptance testing with the users and support teams
- Document or define Investment System Application operational workflows.
- Coordinates the development of application production schedules with business users
- Applies technical and managerial expertise to improve operational processes.
- Promotes and adheres to development methodologies, standards and best practices.
- Assists in preparing operational analyses and reports.
- Participates in internal audits processes for Investment System Applications
- Liaison with 3rd party product consultants
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong background in Financial Services operations relative to asset management
- Strong project management skills and ability to oversee simultaneous initiatives
- Background with Eagle PACE or other data warehouse solutions preferred
- Undergraduate degree in technology discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience in an IT organization with application development experience
- 3-5 years experience in a managerial capacity within IT
- 5+ years experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to analyze user requests and guide appropriate solutions
- Ability to develop business solutions consistent with application standards
- Ability to develop and communicate application solutions and corresponding project plans
- Broad experience with Microsoft Products required (MS Project / MS Office, etc.)
- Experience with Corporate Products listed below. CRD, XIP, Eagle PACE and FMC Pacer highly desired
- Ability to supervise and guide a team of application business analysts
- Ability to work with Investment and Operations personnel to understand business requirements and to formulate acceptable solutions
- Ability to work with IT Development, Support and Operations teams to prioritize, schedule and implement application solutions
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational expertise, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with internal clients at all enterprise level
- Ability to understand Investment and Operations business processes
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Willingness to take initiative, seeing problems through to final completion.
- The ability handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities with deadlines
- Ability to provide quality documentation of processes and project plans
- Motivation to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Attention to process and procedures to comply with internal/external audits
- A demonstrated track record handling demanding user groups in a time critical environment
- Flexible/on call to support off hours project and problem issues
3rd Party Products
Macgregor - XIP
Charles River - CRD
Eagle Investment Systems Product Suite - PACE, Portal, Star, SRM, Data Mart.
FMC - Pacer
Market Data: Reuters, Bloomberg, FACTSET, etc.
XSP - Corporate Actions
IT Tools and Products used:
Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
Altiris - Monitoring Solution & help desk
SQL query tools, profiler, etc
Server Management console applications (Raritan)
VMWare Virtual Client & Server products
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Good leadership and managerial capabilities
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - ReplyWrightAssociates AT Verizon DOT Net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org