Position: Manager - Systems Design (Infrastructure Mgr)
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Windsor, CT Area
A smaller division of a large, successful, and growing global firm focused
on Health Care related services.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Manager of Systems Design is responsible for planning, design,
implementation, organization, architecture and operation of the RCS
Microsoft Windows Systems and first and second level application support. A
key responsibility is to establish clear priorities, effectively balancing
business projects with infrastructure goals. Responsibilities include 24×7
support of systems, team development, creating written strategies and plans,
process improvements, business continuity, disaster recovery, configuration
control, capacity planning, and selecting/matching/architecting systems to
satisfy business application requirements.
- Establishes systems design and related Information Technology
direction, maintenance and support activities to meet the future needs of
the business and that comply with corporate business plans.
- Independently identifies and solves area operational issues and
identifies, develops and presents clear solutions to management.
- Develops, leads or participates in, the formulation and implementation of a long-range technology strategy and vision consistent with business goals and objectives to assure the development of a technology base from which the business can more effectively be managed, now and in the future. Uses a holistic and unbiased approach in the technology selection process.
- Leads or participate in the evaluation of new technological advances and subsequent recommendations to ensure the information technology management techniques used are the most effective, efficient and productive
in view of corporate plans, goals and objectives.
- Leads or participates in the review process for new internal
systems/applications and determination of priorities to provide information
technology that will be of most benefit to the business.
- Coordinates with internal customers the resolution of multiple
business and IT requirements and priorities to achieve optimal utilization
of human and computer resources.
- Develops and implements appropriate standards and procedures to
maximize IT services to meet or exceed service time commitments, maximize
computer availability, ensure security and integrity of the computer systems
and associated data processed, and ensure quality of services provided.
- Supports and administers a staff of qualified technical people to
serve as key Information Technology and technical resources for business.
- Effectively manages every aspect of the tasks and projects of the
team. Provides coaching, personal development performance feedback to
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years IT experience of which at least 3 years is
in management, and at least 3 years of systems support.
- Experience with Windows and UNIX systems administration and
support; knowledge of Networking, Security, and Enterprise Storage is
- Understanding of the needs of enterprise monitoring and experience
managing at least one enterprise monitoring system.
- Experience managing a corporate Help Desk and/or Operations group
- TCP/IP LAN/WAN development and management work experience in a
- Experience with a variety of network and systems protocols,
transmission methods and network/systems technologies.
- Two years project management work experience in a corporate
- Very Strong Management Skills.
- Experience with multi-member, cross-functional, cross-platform,
large scale project management is recommended.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to both
technical and business users are required.
- Must be a highly motivated, responsive individual that can work
independently and demonstrate excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Comfortable presenting to a multi-disciplined technology group and
must be able to communicate well with all IT disciplines as well as internal
and external business users.
- Demonstrated ability to have lead responsibility for a production
system. Root cause approach to problem solving.
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org