Position: Manager of Proposal Writing
Area - Excellent Package
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Northern, MA
My client is a very successful, close to a $100m+ in revenues, separate
division of a large public company and a leading supplier of secure media
solutions used in a wide range of security, identification and digital media
content applications. The company provides a variety of products, services,
and solutions that enable production of more than 60 million personal
identification documents per year in 32 U.S. states and the District of
Columbia and more than 20 countries.
Join, an energetic, fast growing division who is focused on delivering the
most advanced secure solutions in the personal identification domain.
Participate in the selling, technical management and delivery of critical
systems solutions as part of a customer focused team implementing advanced,
state of the art, secure media solutions.
Excellent company - Strong Space - Lots of Upside.
Reports to the Director Level.
Keys to This Position:
1). Must have previous experience managing proposal writers who are working
on large, technically complex, software/hardware/services type proposals
directed at State/Federal/International Government Organizations.
2). Must have previous experience establishing, building, and maintaining a
complex Bid/Proposal Management Infrastructure Environment - This means
being responsible for automating the Bid/Proposal Process using software and
other technologies to improve the timeliness of responding to RFP’s.
3). Previous experience as a Bid/Proposal Manager in a complex environment a
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Sales Operations, the Manager of
Proposal Writing is responsible for driving the group’s vision and direction
and to manage the writing efforts in response to solicitations from state
and national agencies seeking secure identification solutions.
Must be passionate about leading and improving the Proposal Writing & Bid
Management process in a smaller/midsize environment with an entrepreneurial
Group consists of 4-5 Proposal Writers & Specialists - Willing to be hands
on and engaged in all facets.
- Provide clear and consistent direction to the writing group in the
following areas when responding to RFP’s;
- Requirements matrix of text inputs
- Annotated / draft outline of responses
- Check and balance of RFP requirements with inputs
- Work closely with Capture Lead and Bid Managers to tie in Win
Themes and Strategies
- Ensure a completely compliant bid submission
- Management of the Proposal Specialist and the production of an RFP
- Immediately distributes RFP when released and creates SharePoint
site for the bid team
- Identifies and pulls together standard appendices and completes all
- Works closely with bid manager to perform a final response check
for completion prior to printing and final shipment
Manage Library and Database:
Work closely with Marketing to build and maintain a standard text
library to assist the writers in writing bid responses
- Maintain clear and concise SharePoint sites consisting of soft copy
information of submitted bids as well as post bid competitive information.
- Maintain a physical library of all RFP responses
- Ensure access for all required personnel
- Mentor, manage and provide leadership to the writing group
- Build critical relationships with Sales, Program Mgt., Engineering,
Manufacturing and others
- Develop best in class graphics to support written text
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or
technical writing required
- Minimum of ten years of experience in bid management and written
- The ideal candidate must be familiar with technically complex
state and/or national government procurement processes and proposal
types/RFP’s for complete solutions.
- Experience with capture planning, RFP analysis, outline
development, storyboarding, and supporting business development in strategy
- Ability to multitask within strict deadlines and under pressure
while managing multiple and complex proposals concurrently
- Project management skills ranging from small to large initiatives
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project
Manager, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Pluses: Membership in APMP (Association of Proposal Management
- The firm delivers large-scale, security-related solutions, so the
person selected for hire will be required to undergo extensive background
checking and drug usage testing as a condition of hire.
Very Competitive Salary - Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Relocation - Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org