Job: Manager of Proposal Writing - Identity Mgt. Solutions Firm - Northern, MA Area - Excellent PackageApril 6th, 2009
Position: Manager of Proposal Writing
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Northern, MA Area
My client is a very successful, close to a $100m+ in revenues, separate division of a large public company and a leading supplier of secure media solutions used in a wide range of security, identification and digital media content applications. The company provides a variety of products, services, and solutions that enable production of more than 60 million personal identification documents per year in 32 U.S. states and the District of Columbia and more than 20 countries.
Join, an energetic, fast growing division who is focused on delivering the most advanced secure solutions in the personal identification domain. Participate in the selling, technical management and delivery of critical systems solutions as part of a customer focused team implementing advanced, state of the art, secure media solutions. Excellent company - Strong Space - Lots of Upside.
Reports to the Director Level.
Keys to This Position:
1). Must have previous experience managing proposal writers who are working on large, technically complex, software/hardware/services type proposals directed at State/Federal/International Government Organizations.
2). Must have previous experience establishing, building, and maintaining a complex Bid/Proposal Management Infrastructure Environment - This means being responsible for automating the Bid/Proposal Process using software and other technologies to improve the timeliness of responding to RFP’s.
3). Previous experience as a Bid/Proposal Manager in a complex environment a plus.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Sales Operations, the Manager of Proposal Writing is responsible for driving the group’s vision and direction and to manage the writing efforts in response to solicitations from state and national agencies seeking secure identification solutions.
Must be passionate about leading and improving the Proposal Writing & Bid Management process in a smaller/midsize environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Group consists of 4-5 Proposal Writers & Specialists - Willing to be hands on and engaged in all facets.
- Provide clear and consistent direction to the writing group in the following areas when responding to RFP’s;
- Requirements matrix of text inputs
- Annotated / draft outline of responses
- Check and balance of RFP requirements with inputs
- Work closely with Capture Lead and Bid Managers to tie in Win Themes and Strategies
- Ensure a completely compliant bid submission
- Management of the Proposal Specialist and the production of an RFP response;
- Immediately distributes RFP when released and creates SharePoint site for the bid team
- Identifies and pulls together standard appendices and completes all bid forms
- Works closely with bid manager to perform a final response check for completion prior to printing and final shipment
- Manage Library and Database
- Work closely with Marketing to build and maintain a standard text library to assist the writers in writing bid responses
- Maintain clear and concise SharePoint sites consisting of soft copy information of submitted bids as well as post bid competitive information.
- Maintain a physical library of all RFP responses
- Ensure access for all required personnel
- Mentor, manage and provide leadership to the writing group
- Build critical relationships with Sales, Program Mgt., Engineering, Manufacturing and others
- Develop best in class graphics to support written text
- Communicate effectively internally and externally
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or technical writing required
- Minimum of ten years of experience in bid management and written proposals.
- The ideal candidate must be familiar with technically complex state and/or national government procurement processes and proposal types/RFP’s for complete solutions.
- Experience with capture planning, RFP analysis, outline development, storyboarding, and supporting business development in strategy development efforts.
- Ability to multitask within strict deadlines and under pressure while managing multiple and complex proposals concurrently
- Project management skills ranging from small to large initiatives
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project Manager, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Pluses: Membership in APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals)
- The firm delivers large-scale, security-related solutions, so the person selected for hire will be required to undergo extensive background checking and drug usage testing as a condition of hire.
Very Competitive Salary - Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Relocation - Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
WEB Site - www.wrightassociates.org