Position: Enterprise Server Mechanical Engineers
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
We are looking for several passionate and creative Senior (6-10 years experience) and Principal (15+ years experience) Mechanical Engineers experienced in Hardware System Design and Analysis, specifically focused on the mechanical features for Enterprise Server Engineering.
These Individual Contributor Engineering positions work on a team of Mechanical Engineers developing new enclosure designs and all associated system mechanical features for Enterprise Class servers, along with sustaining current revenue products. You will be responsible for independently developing and executing mechanical analysis and testing providing design solutions and detailed documentation for multiple high complexity problems while negotiating cross-functional and often conflicting engineering and product requirements. Additional responsibilities may include leading a team of engineers and/or designers to the successful completion of a product and/or multiple tiger teams to the successful resolution of complex issues. This may extend to managing engineering consultants and/or manufacturing vendors.
Join our team and you will…
1. Open your creative power to unleash the ideas for building the best next generation Enterprise Class products
2. Use your skills to create products and features that ‘wow’ customers and change the face of Mechanical Design
3. Join one of the most technical and unique Engineering Groups at Oracle.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
1. 12+ years in Mechanical Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Analysis, with a Bachelors/Masters/PHD in Mechanical Engineering for the Principal level role and 6+ years for the Senior roles.
2. Strain gauge test experience and sub-assembly and system level design validation test experience.
3. Developing statistically significant Design of Experiments (DOE)
4. ProEngineer basic solids, sheet metal, assembly & drawing
5. Sheet metal, welding fabrication and plastic injection molding part and assembly design experience.
6. ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning
7. Experimental Modal Analysis experience
8. Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, strength of materials and fluid mechanics) with a demonstrated ability to perform both closed form and computational solutions of complex static and dynamic structural problems with relevance to design decisions.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, concise test and/or analysis plans, reports and engineering review presentations.
10. Excellent Leadership skills
How to Apply: Send your resume to
michael.montgomery AT oracle DOT com
Also, as part of our overall application process, you must register and submit your resume to us through our online system. To submit your candidacy for this opportunity, please take a moment to register for this position at www.irecruitment.oracle.com. 1) Register as a user 2) Enter IRC1322050 for the Principal level or IRC1322451 for the Senior level in the Keyword(s) search field. This will bring up the listing for the position and 3) Answer a few basic questions and document your application for this position by attaching your resume.
Oracle is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.