Position: PSSA - Enterprise
Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Position Id: 3304
Number of Openings: 1
Department: Order Management
Joining a vibrant, respected, and growing company is one of the smartest career choices you can make today.
Founded in 1971, Forsythe is as an information technology infrastructure integrator. Forsythe helps complex organizations across all industries, including Fortune 1000 companies, optimize the cost and manage the risk of their IT while improving performance. Forsythe provides independent technology and business consulting services, technology leasing services, and value-added reseller services for all the leading technology product manufacturers. Headquartered in Skokie, Illinois, Forsythe employs 890 people in 48 offices throughout the United States and Canada. Forsythe is privately held and 100-percent employee-owned. In 2008, Forsythe achieved its 38th consecutive year of profitability. We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive benefits, and wide-ranging opportunities for professional growth. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
At Forsythe, we are 100% employee owned via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Everyone has a stake in the quality of our work, the success of our business, the satisfaction of our customers, and the appreciation of their shares in Forsythe. As an employee-owner, you’ll be proud to call Forsythe YOUR company.
We are currently looking for a Product Sales Support Analyst – Enterprise (Sun/STK) to join our Order Management department in the Western Region.
Responsible for providing complex configuration and proposal expertise to maximize profitability for transactions involving their line of business. Maintain contact with Forsythe Vendors, Manufacturers, and Clients in order to facilitate positive and productive long-term relationships and resolves issues/problems through independent thinking. Assists with solution-selling activities, identifies opportunities for margin growth within accounts and makes recommendations on products and pricing based on technology and industry knowledge.
This role requires knowledge of quoting for clients in the Sun Solutions group, which is comprised of many detailed intricacies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly interact with Product Specialists, Account Managers, Partners and Clients to identify, develop, qualify, and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services. Understand vital information on products and solutions that address technologies, competitive differentiators, configuration considerations and performance. Assist Account Managers/Product Specialists/Business Development Managers and/or independently conduct customer teleconference calls as needed to provide product expertise. Primary technical SME in the Sun Solutions practice for top tier clients. Provide and document client requirements on specific IT infrastructure system configurations, within the requested hardware and software. Consistently educate vendors, Account Managers/Specialists and customers of system information, documentation changes, and relevant system information
- Obtain detailed configurations and costs for proposed solution, as well as information regarding competitive mark up or discount, on complex Sun Solutions deals. Provide complete and accurate Client proposals using Forsythe systems according to pre-defined standard service levels. Verify product availability meets and/or exceeds Client requirements. Provide updates on proposals provided to assigned accounts. Maintain records pertaining to each Client with respect to past proposals in order to strategically provide current proposals.
- Complete deal package by identifying, verifying and submitting information needed to process orders and obtaining necessary approvals when required. Validate that proposal matches Client documentation and revise quote as needed. Ensure final quote aligns with system, corporate and compensation requirements. Submit completed quote for procurement.
- Work independently with Clients, internal resources, and external partners to address and resolve questions/issues and provide timely solutions for activities related in the quote to cash process. Engage with Client support team for resolution on any outstanding issues. Maintain regular contact with Clients to retain a healthy rapport and uncover new opportunities.
- Assist in structuring transactions with Account Managers, Client support team, and vendor partners.
- Provide approval to Client support team and Clients on deal changes on behalf of AM. Track deal progression to ensure alignment with Client expectations.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Business, or other related major preferred
- Minimum 5 years Customer Service, Order Processing or Logistics and product quoting/configuration experience required, within the Sun/STK technology industry.
- History of working in high volume, fast-paced sales environment required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Prior Sales Certifications for various product lines preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze customer technical requirements and link them to Forsythe offerings
- Independent self-starter, effective team player with creative problem solving skills to help the organization achieve its earnings objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external customers
- Strong track record of accomplishments and results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management ability
- Adaptable/Ability to react to situations
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Understands general business principles
- Mathematical aptitude and the ability to use an HP12C financial calculator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
- General Office Activities
- Travel required (potential for out of town/overnight travel)