Position: Bid/Proposal Manager
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Location: Burlington, MA Area
My client is a very successful, close to a $100m+ in revenues, separate division of a large public company and a leading supplier of secure media solutions used in a wide range of security, identification and digital media content applications. The company provides a variety of products, services, and solutions that enable production of more than 60 million personal identification documents per year in 32 U.S. states and the District of Columbia and more than 20 countries.
Join, an energetic, fast growing division who is focused on delivering the most advanced secure solutions in the personal identification domain. Participate in the selling, technical management and delivery of critical systems solutions as part of a customer focused team implementing advanced, state of the art, secure media solutions. Excellent company - Strong Space - Lots of Upside.
Reports to the Director Level.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
Responsible for ensuring the development and delivery of winning RFP/RFI responses and proactive proposals. Manages the creation of persuasive documents by working with Account Directors, Program Managers, Marketing, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the Executive Team, and other functional groups to understand and ensure clear communication of the overall pursuit strategy, client needs, and solution components. Ensures all milestones and deadlines are met by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, reviews, approvals and signatures. Develops overall plan for managing each bid, pulls together the core team, ensures appropriate assignments and tracks ongoing progress throughout the project. This position has accountability for the quality and compliance of the written deliverable.
- Read and interpret complex RFP/RFI requirements in a high volume, tight timeline environment
- Ensure compliance with all RFP/RFI instructions and requirements
- Develop plan for the deliverables in conjunction with Account Director and Program Manager
- Assists with communication of overall proposal strategy, storyboard, win themes, key differentiators, pricing strategy and development
- Evaluates, recommends and implements response process improvements
- Creates a comprehensive timeline for the deliverable; manages the deliverable; communicates deliverable strategy and plan to proposal team
- Coordinates deliverable input from internal and external SMEs; identifies targeted messaging to address capability requirements, gaps in current service offers and plans to address gaps
- Supports Account Managers and Program Managers with gate review compliance
- Coordinates clarification requests and deficiency requests between Customer and proposal team to ensure on time deliver and consistent messages
- Completes post bid analysis including win/loss and reports to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated effective communications techniques; ability to interact with all levels of the organization with credibility and integrity
- Must work well under pressure and remain flexible when scope and direction changes
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated good judgment
- Project management skills ranging from small to large initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve business issues and build solutions
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with sales and other team members while managing multiple and complex proposals concurrently
- Ability to pre-plan for the execution of the proposal efforts including review schedules.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS or BA degree in business or related major or equitable work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing bids in a technical business environment
- Extensive experience in managing the delivery of Bids/Proposals to Large, Technically Complex, Federal & State, & International RFP’s for complete solutions
- Proven ability to write, create, develop, manage, and implement designs for proposals and presentations
- Must be comfortable leading temporary proposal teams of up to 10+ people
- Strong project management skills ranging from small to large initiatives
- Strong collaborative, communication, and team leadership skills -ability to interact with all levels of the organization with credibility and integrity while managing multiple and complex proposals concurrently
- Experience managing, providing direction, and facilitating in a matrix management environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project Manager, and Outlook
- Pluses: Membership in APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals)
- Must have a flexible approach to hours of work to satisfy department objectives in a schedule-intensive environment
- The firm delivers large-scale, security-related solutions, so the person selected for hire will be required to undergo extensive background checking and drug usage testing as a condition of hire.
Very Competitive Salary - Bonus -Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Relocation - Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Gary Wright -President - Wright Associates
Phone -(508) 761-6354
Email -replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org